Sunday, April 1, 2012

First Time to Japan on Business

Since my role at Cisco has expanded beyond Australia and New Zealand to also include Japan and Korea, for the first time in a business capacity I was traveling to Japan (Dec. 13-18, 2011).

After concluding all of my work responsibilities, I stayed on the following weekend to visit with family who I hadn't seen in a few years.

First I visited my Great Aunt and her son Teruo for a lovely lunch and tea:



And of course no visit to Tokyo is complete without a visit to my favorite place - Asakusa!



And here's me doing the Mikuji or Japanese Fortune Reading at Asakusa



One of my absolute favorite desserts in the world is kuri-zenzai (red bean, mochi and chestnuts) and this place is where I was first introduced to it. This places holds a special place in my heart as my dear Auntie Haruko introduced me to this place on my first visit ever to Japan when I was about 12 years old.



And I've been missing and thinking about my Uncle Fujio (my Dad's older brother) and his wife Auntie Yasuko and was thrilled to meet up with them for lunch at their place on my last day in Tokyo:

No comments:

Post a Comment