Monday, July 9, 2012

Trip to NY, NJ and CA

This was a whirlwind of a trip!  In one day (June 7) I was in Sydney, LA and then finally in NY. When I arrived late on Thursday night my brother picked me up and we went for Mexican - wahoo!

I was thrilled the next day to catchup with my cousin Mieko and her family in Westfield.  I also spent the afternoon with Bachan - who remembered my name - reading letters and postcards I'd written her. And opening presents of gifts from my travels.  It was wonderful to spend time with her!

Later that evening Ryuichi and Amanda, recently married, came over for dinner and drinks. I received a lovely bottle of wine that came from Shinn Estate Vineyards which is a winery Ryu and Amanda visited on their wedding day.

Yasushi, Cindy and Aila drove up to NJ early in the morning for breakfast at Vicky's Diner and then we went to Kalea's Dance Class where I was very honored to watch her class do their recital performance from the week prior. It was quite a complex routine with several formations and movement which was very impressive. Then before heading back to NY, I stopped by to see Uncle Ralph.

Auntie Vivian and Uncle Yori treated Tomu and his family and I to dinner at Shanghai Joe's first restaurant in Flushing. My nephews LOVE the soup dumplings!

After playing in the park, I hoped back on a plane and headed to San Diego for Cisco Live US (June 10-16) where we showcased our technology at the San Diego Padre's Baseball Stadium and the House of Blues where we later watched an Australian independent band - Temper Trap - perform.





Then we zipped over to watch the Cisco Live Customer Appreciation Party where Weezer performed.



After the Cisco Global PR Offsite, Mari, Youngmee and I went to check out La Jolla, Calif.


No comments:

Post a Comment