Tuesday, October 1, 2013

NSW State Swimming Relays at Olympic Park


In preparation for these swim relays, I was much more consistent in swimming with the North Sydney Masters squad. And I was pleased with the results (July 21).

The only near “incident” was during one of my mixed-relays.  The first mixed relay I did 25 m breast stroke. The second one I was slated for 50 m butterfly.

As I dove in for the second mixed relay, I still had “breast stroke” in my head. So I almost, nearly started to pull down in a breast stroke before I suddenly remembered “BUTTERFLY”!!  I whipped my arms through the water so fast and brought them up over the water in a butterfly stroke.  It was just a momentary lapse, so I thought nobody had noticed.

Unbelievably, the swim judge did notice and he said it was actually pretty close.  However, he also said he didn’t have much time to think about it because at that same moment he saw that the swimmer in the next lane to me was flat-out swimming freestyle instead of butterfly (that team ended up getting disqualified).  Phew!

One of the relay team I swam in earned a time that’s a club record:
  • Female Medley 4x50m Relay (Age Total 200-239). Robyn Burton (Backstroke 47.69), Helen White (Breaststroke 52.29), Linda Horiuchi (Butterfly 57.14) and Motoko Kono (Freestyle 42.25) for a total time of 3:19.37. We came in 5th overall.
The other relays:
  • Female Freestyle 4x25m Relay (Age Total 160-199).  Motoko Kono, Jenni Burgess, Linda Horiuchi, and Carolyn Hinton for a total time of 1:18.63. We came in 9th overall.
  • Female Freestyle 4x50m Relay (Age Total 160-199).  Motoko Kono, Jenni Burgess, Linda Horiuchi and Carolyn Hinton for a total time of 2:57.47. We came in 4th overall.
  • Mixed Freestyle 4x50m Relay (Age Total 160-199).  Grant Parr, Motoko Kono, Linda Horiuchi and Laurence Norman for a total time of 2:30.26. We came in 4th overall. 
  • Mixed Medley 4x25m Relay (Age Total 240-279).  Peter Murray (Backstroke), Linda Horiuchi (Breaststroke), Robyn Burton (Butterfly), Robert Hayter (Freestyle) for a total time of 1:26.71. We came in 6th overall.


No comments:

Post a Comment