Sunday, January 16, 2011

Scuba and Snorkeling in the Great Barrier Reef - Then Cane Toad Racing at the Iron Bar

On Jan. 3, Shell snorkeled and I scuba dived with Quicksilver in the Great Barrier Reef. As I was on my third dive, I thought to myself that with Cairns only a 2.5 hour flight away, I should be taking advantage of my proximity to great diving more often. So this year, I'll definitely be doing more diving Down Under!

Later that evening we went to dinner with two Californian gals we met on the Quicksilver tour at a restaurant called Salsa in Port Douglas. At the end of the evening, we noticed that there was a signed autograph on the wall with Bill Clinton's signature and it was dated Sept. 11, 2001. With the time difference, it was clear he'd had dinner before 9/11 but it was eerie and troubling reminder of the tragic and horrific attacks.

No comments:

Post a Comment