Sunday, August 16, 2009

14K is Longer than I thought!

Since I've already done Wharf to Wharf which is a 6 mile run from Santa Cruz to Capitola Beach and  Bay to Breakers which is from San Francisco's Financial District on the Bay side to the Breakers on the beach which is 12K (7.5 miles) I thought City to Surf which is 14K (8.7 miles) wouldn't be so bad...

Let me tell you 14K is a LOOONG way!  Converted from kilometers, it's 8.7 miles!

It started off in Hyde Park right in the heart of Sydney's Central Business District (CBD) and ended at Bondi Beach.  And me and my 76,254 closest friends ran, jogged and walked through Kings Cross, the tunnel to Edge Cliff, along the shore to Rose Bay, up Heartbreak Hill and through Bondi Junction all the way to the beach. 

The most magnificent view, ironically, was as we were heading up Heartbreak Hill.  It was a glorious, beautiful sunny day and you could see the Sydney Harbour Bridge as well as the Opera House from Heartbreak Hill - it was stunning!  

I finished in 2:35.12 and boy did my left knee hurt!  I was very glad to have the Cure4Kids from Cancer hospitality tent to head to after the race for lunch and a chance to sit down and rest!   The next day, Monday, my muscles were still incredibly sore!

Enjoy the video from the day!   

No comments:

Post a Comment