Friday, June 11, 2010

Caped Crusaders Take Over Melbourne - Crash World Record!

My friend Kristina SMS'd me that while I was in Melbourne on Saturday, May 29 I should check out Federation Square as DC Comics in celebration of its 75th Anniversary were trying to break the world record of the most people in superhero costumes gathered in one place.

While I had decided to sign up for a wine tour of the Yarra Valley and my tour left at 9:15 a.m. I thought I'd race down there for a really quick look so I could report back to my nephew Kai on just how many batman's, spiderman's and superman's showed up. I didn't have much hope that many caped crusaders would show up because it was raining and overcast but I should have known better!

A little rain wasn't going to stop these valiant superheroes!



And Tomu, you have to show Kai this Flip Video! I have to say these are the COOLEST Batman wings I've ever seen! And if Kai's favorite superhero is still Batman, I'll endeavor to find these bat wings for him...let me know!



And as I'm sure you're just as curious as I - did they break the world record? Yes they did! With 1,245 people wearing superhero costumes in Melbourne's Federation Square, they broke the UK's record of 1,091. Read more here.

1 comment:

  1. That is very cute and awesome! I will most definitely show Kai these Flips! He just went trhough an Iron Man phase (a month before and after the Iron Man 2 came out) and over teh last few months has been into red and black Spiderman. This might get him back into Batman- I'll let you know. DC characters and the X-Men have been out of the loop for a while.

    ReplyDelete