Sunday, November 7, 2010

Simply Red's Last Australian Concert

My friend Angela invited me at the last minute to join her at the Simply Red Concert at the Sydney Opera House on Wed., Oct. 13. Or as I would later learn - it wasn't so much "in" the Sydney Opera House as I expected, but outside on the steps of the Sydney Opera House.

We arrived a bit earlier to have a drink at the Sydney Opera Bar and it was pouring down rain, so we were contemplating not going after all. Fortunately, the rain stopped and we had a ball at Simply Red's Farewell Concert.

Now here's my confession - when Ang invited me to see Simply Red - for the life of me I couldn't name even one song that they sang. But she assured me that I'd know several of their songs so I went along with no expectations and was pleasantly surprised that I knew many of their songs - like "If You Don't Know Me By Now".

This evening was one of those treasured moments when I'm so glad to be here in Sydney - it was an unexpected, spontaneous evening of music, we were lucky that the rain stopped just in time, we were rocking it out and dancing on the steps of the Sydney Opera House, had a fantastic panoramic view of the city and surprisingly it was a warm night too!

No comments:

Post a Comment