Saturday, November 27, 2010

Winnings from Melbourne Cup

My strategy for choosing horses to bet on for Melbourne Cup (the world's richest and most prestigious "two mile" handicaped horse race which takes place every year on the second Tuesday of November) is not very sophisticated.

1. I bet Americain to win and to place as I found the irony funny that a French horse would be named Americain. And of course the obvious fact that I'm an American betting on an Australian horse race - and wouldn't it be amazing if a horse named "Americain" actually won this Australian horse race?

2.I bet on So You Think to win and place as it's a twist on a funny American phrase "ya think" that's a great come back to stupid things some people say.

3. And I bet on Tokai Trick to place because embedded in the horse's name is my "Kai" which is my oldest nephew and the horse is Japanese so I thought it'd be a solid nod to my Dad's home country.

And 2 out of 3 of the horses I bet on placed!

Americian won (my winnings were $70) and So You Think came in 3rd (my winnings here was $7.25). I only bet $40 total so at the end of the day I was up $37.25.

Here are my winning tickets... as you can see I'm not a big better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment