Saturday, December 4, 2010

Papa Gets (another) Belt at RM Williams

I almost titled this blog entry "The never ending saga of Papa's belt" because there's a bigger back story to this than is told in the FlipVideo:

1. (Distance 5k) Last time Papa was here in Sydney (Sept. 2009) he mentioned how he wanted a belt for Christmas 2009. So I measured his belt to be size 38 and went out and purchased him a 38 belt from RM Williams which is quintessential Australian.

2. (Distance 5K) I mentioned that I'd done this on a Skype session and Papa exclaimed that he was a size 42, so back I went to the store and got him a 42.

3. (16,000k x 2 = 32,000 k) This size 42 belt, I took in my suitcase all the way to New York for Christmas. And have you already guessed what happened - it was too big for Papa! So I took it back (in my suitcase again) all the way back to Sydney.

4. (Distance 10k) Then I took this belt back to RM Williams and exchanged it back to a size 38.

5. (Distance 15,000) And then I mailed it to Papa in Chicago.

6. (Distance 13,000k) Papa loved the belt so much he of course had to wear it on his flight here on his most recent visit. And because the Qantas A380s were exchanged for 747s due to worry there was something at fault in the A380s, Mom and Papa got bumped and delayed and then diverted to Auckland, New Zealand before finally arriving in Sydney. Long story short, while going through security in Auckland, New Zealand Papa removed his belt and forgot to pick it up again. So the belt's now lost and Papa was using a tie with a pattern of a tennis racket and balls as a belt while here on vacation (although in thinking about this some more, would he have gone through security? Maybe he lost the belt in LA?).

7. (Distance 15,000k) Then the day before they returned home to Chicago, I took Papa to RM Williams in the new Westfield Pitt Street Mall and we purchased him a brand new belt which Papa packed in his suitcase for the trip home so there was not another "left it at airport security" incident.

Total Distance Belt(s) has Travelled: 75,000k

Tomu, while we were at RM Williams I not only purchased Papa his new belt, I also purchased him a new long sleeve shirt and another pair of shorts (this time navy) for his birthday/Christmas present from us.

Enjoy the video here:

No comments:

Post a Comment