Monday, January 27, 2014

Nostalgic for a Turkey Dinner on Thanksgiving: It just wasn't the same

Since I've been here I haven't really missed Thanksgiving.  Yet this past Thanksgiving I was really craving turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, sweet potatoes and pumpkin pie.

After doing a Google-search, I discovered that Indulgent Sage in McMahons Point was serving Thanksgiving Dinner (Nov. 28, 2013).  Lisa joined me and we enjoyed turkey with sweet potatoes, but unfortunately no stuffing or gravy.  

It's been so long since I last had turkey, I afraid to admit it tasted like chicken.  Honestly, it makes me wonder if the turkey's are different here in Australia.  Or is it because it's a small turkey and they taste like chicken?

And take a look at the photo, is there not something wrong about how the turkey was presented to our table?


In case you're wondering, that's a sparkler and a knife jabbed into the turkey.

I was also bummed there was no pumpkin or even pecan pie.  Instead, dessert was sorbet.



I think the moral of the story is that next Thanksgiving I'll have to make my own turkey and pumpkin pie!

No comments:

Post a Comment