Monday, January 27, 2014

Sydney Beer Craft Festival... Feral Rules!

While I much prefer wine to beer, I'm never one to turn down a night out with friends. But even I was surprise to find myself checking out not one but THREE Sydney Beer Craft Festival Events.

The first event (Oct. 19, 2013) was like a Beer Tasting Festival in The Rocks. There were several local breweries offering tastings and my favorite was actually a cider.


Feral was also popular at the second event, the pale ale was the best.


I miss decent Mexican food in Australia! This Taco Beer definitely did NOT satisfy that craving, don't know why I thought it might!

Two Birds is a brewery owned by two women and was quite good!


This was my favorite cider (very, very good) and here I am (below) with the cider-maker from Apple Thief.



The second event (Oct. 25, 2013) was at this pub in Newtown where you sampled beers (you chose 8 small glasses of beer) that were served on a "paddle" which was very tricky to hold steady as you navigated through a thick crowd at the pub without spilling.



The final event (Oct. 26, 2013) was at a pub that's literally just around the corner from my place called The Local Taphouse which was a pub I'd heard served local beer but had never been to.  There was a great band playing that night and they have a great rooftop bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment