Friday, December 18, 2009

50m Butterfly - Whew!

The North Sydney Masters swim team I swim with hosted a carnival on Nov. 14 and many of the swim clubs in the Sydney area came out to swim. As we could only start once the pool was closed to the public, it was an evening swim. In addition to helping out with the timing, I also swam in four events.

* 50m Freestyle - Time 40.75
* 50m Breaststroke - Time55.62
* 50m Butterfly - Time 53.32
* Mixed Relay 4x50m Freestyle - Time 40.8 (Overall team came in 4th)

It was the first time I'd swum butterfly in a competition and was pleased with the fact that I was able to do it the full length of the pool, but boy was I tiring out at the end! Admitedly I haven't been going to swim practice very regularly (New Year's resolution for 2010) so I'm confident that next year my times should improve.



For all the scores/ranks, you can check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment