Saturday, December 19, 2009

Silly Season Begins!

At first I thought "silly season" meant "crazy busy" which is something I'd experienced before, it was typical - as you head into the holidays (usually right after Thanksgiving) things start getting more hectic.

But my "crazy busy" was more along the lines of trying to wrap things up at work before you go on vacation, trying to fit in Christmas shopping and getting excited about the Christmas-New Year's vacation.

"Silly season" is something totally different! Essentially it means there are an insane amount of parties, cocktails, Christmas lunches and dinners, catch ups with friends before the holidays, lots of friends/family coming into town on vacation because it's "Summer" in Australia plus all of the above "crazy busy" things.

I'd say that from the end of November, every day or at least every few days I had a party, Christmas lunch/dinner, catch up with friends! I still can't figure out how anybody "survives" silly season with a liver, no bags under their eyes from lack of sleep and at least 15 lbs. from the excess and not finding nearly enough time to exercise (I was having a hard time getting enough sleep every night).

1. Kinetics Party (Nov. 24)

2. Frost & Sullivan Australia Best Practices Awards Banquet (Nov. 25)

3. CBS Interactive Party - All my colleagues told me this was THE party to get invited to and I was so thrilled to get an invite to the party on Nov. 26. More photos on the ZDNet.com.au site here.



4. Cisco Christmas Party - At the Winery by Gazebo (Nov. 27)



5. Work leadership party at Sake Restaurant in The Rocks (Dec. 2)

6. ABC News Party (Dec. 3)



7. Text 100 Party (Dec. 4)

8. Catch up with friends at Nadia's for flavorful soup, pasta and brownies! (Dec. 6)

9. Lunch with Journos at Delicado (lovely place for Spanish Tapas) and Bel Paese (Italian restaurant with a great view) (Dec. 8/9)

10. Catch up with friend for Guylere Chocolate shake and then another friend for dinner at very popular Malaysian restaurant - Mamak (Dec. 10)



11. Work marketing party at The Prime Steakhouse and then to Longrain for drinks/dinner/more drinks for Ed and Eamonn's last night in Sydney (Dec. 11)

12. The Quest: Chez Redfern (Dec. 12) - My friend George's husband, Paul made an INCREDIBLE brunch for us. Paul's on a quest to be on Australia's Master Chef and after the divine brunch he prepared for us I believe he'd be a strong competitor!



13. After shopping at The Rocks for some Australian Christmas gifts for friends and family I had drinks with my friend Dori at The Australian Hotel's Bar - one of the oldest bars in Sydney in The Rocks. Has this great roasted duck pizza I love!



14. Breakfast with Lylly at Epi D'Or - my new favorite French Cafe for brekkie in Kirribilli! (Dec. 14)

15. Catch up with Friends at Fine Fish in Neutral Bay - Highly recommend this place, wonderful seafood and Chef Paul is so nice, came to say "hello" to our table after dinner (Dec. 16)



16. Lunch at Wild Fire with Journos and Christmas shopping at Chatswood Chase (the BEST department store in the Sydney area with lots of Australian designer stores) and fFinally get to see New Moon! (Dec. 17(

17. Right around the corner Toko's opened up a hip new bar called Tokonoma - Last drinks with George before I have to come home and pack. I can't wait to see my family and friends, but I abhor packing! (Dec. 18)

Wow, now that I see this all listed out, I'm pretty shocked myself. It was truly a whirlwind "silly season"!

No comments:

Post a Comment