Saturday, May 8, 2010

Lawn bowling...another Aussie experience

The North Sydney Master's hosted a lawn bowling social event and since it's a game that can be played with a glass of wine in my hand it's a game I quite enjoyed!

Because it's still a Commonwealth of the UK, it's still very influenced by the sports popular in the UK and lawn bowling is one of them. It's a lot like bocci ball but instead it's got a "jack" which is a small ball that everyone tries to get their own colored ball close to. And different from bocci ball, the lawn bowling ball is weighted differently - one side of the ball is heavier than the other. There were colored stickers on two sides of the ball and I found that by keeping the bigger sticker on the right/outside the ball hooked to the left.



My team won each of its matches, we were on a roll! And I'm pleased to share that I did contribute to my team's winning - a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment