Saturday, May 8, 2010

My First IT Journo Awards

I arrived in Australia on April 10, 2009 - one day after last year's IT Journo Awards. I remember this well because my boss Peter and the Kinetics PR team said that after last year's IT Journo Awards they'd been out until 3 a.m. and considered meeting me at the airport - thankfully they didn't.

Nonetheless, the point is that from my first day in Australia I had heard about the "IT Journo Awards" and I knew that it was THE party. So of course I was looking forward to this year's IT Journo Awards!

Upon arrival, it was clearly a stylish event as there was a red carpet and a photographer taking each arrival's photo. The awards ceremony was upbeat and full of cheering from a community of journalists that as JV (the big winner of the evening) stated so well - most had worked with or for over the years.

Here I am with my fashion icon friend and colleague Emma who was a finalist for Best Media Relations (Emma's nomination stands out as it's a vote by the journalists and she was the only in-house PR manager) and the PR manager at VMware. The dress I'm wearing is from Ginger and Smart and the shoes from Mimco - both of which I selected with Emma's help. Thank you Emma, you're a fashion goddess and #1 media relations in my book!



And here's Emma, myself, Tahn (AAPT PR) and Karen (Upstream PR) at the IT Journo Awards:

2 comments:

  1. red Carpet- nice. So what about the party? Did it live up to expectations 3am etc...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't mention it in the blog, but I did party until 3 a.m. After the IT journo awards, a bunch of us went to a pub near Central Station and then onwards to karaoke. They even had my favorite Japanese song from when I was at ICU - Say Yes - which I did sing (poorly).

    ReplyDelete