Sunday, May 9, 2010

Winning Streak at Two-Up!

Anthony had lived in Balmain and picked the perfect local pub - Dry Dock Hotel - for Dori and Liz to learn two-up on ANZAC Day - the only day you can legally play two-up.

Two-up is essentially a matter of getting both heads or both tails. Most of the time I bet $5 (pink bill) or $10 (blue bill) and my typical bet was "tails" so I'd have to find someone who wanted to match my bet with "heads". And the person who bet "heads" always held the money. If it was "tails" that won, the person would have to give me their bet plus mine.

I also now realize why the Australian bills are different colors for each denomination - it's so you can spot a $5, $10, $20 (red bill) and $50 (gold bill) bet from across the pub.

I had a lot of $5s and $10s at the end of the night - "tails" was my lucky bet - I really racked it in!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time! So other than yelling heads- assuming tapping on the head= heads what is the sign for tails? I.e. I didn't see anyone hitting their butts. haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was another hand signal for tails, but I can't remember what it was. That must be why I always bet heads :)

    ReplyDelete