Monday, April 15, 2013

Thought of You Tets: Local Gelateria has Gelato Named after You!

Even though it was Winter when I visited Italy this past January, the cold weather didn't stop me from enjoying Italian gelato.

And lucky me, Gelato Messina (Australia's best gelato as voted by the Good Food Guide) opened a new shop right down the street from me.  It's my favorite gelateria because it has so many unique flavors.  There's always a line out the door so it's not just me either - Monday night or Saturday night - there's always a line!

So, as I'm waiting in line on this rather inconspicuous Feb. 20, I check out the chalkboard for their special daily flavours and I see this flavor called - Tets!

I have a cousin named Tetsuya who lives in San Francisco and we always call him "Tets" for short. He's a real foodie (when I lived in the San Francisco Bay Area, I'd always get him something cooking related for Christmas so I'd be the beneficiary when he cooked it for me) so I wonder what he'd think about this gelato.  

I wasn't curious enough to actually try this flavour but I imagine it'd be a twist between a green apple hard candy and a mojito.

Hope you're doing well Tets, thinking about you and your family! 

Note to Tets: I don't know what's behind naming it "Tets" but one guess is that it's named after this very famous restaurant called "Tetsuya's" here in Sydney.  I've never eaten there but if you do come to visit me someday, I'll definitely take you there!  

No comments:

Post a Comment