Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cisco Networkers Party!

After all the work is done, Cisco hosts a party on the final evening for all the Networkers attendees. Here are a few videos from that evening.

The party theme was "Agent 007 himself James Bond". While at the party I had a chance to catch up one of my San Jose-based colleagues Fred Weiller who's now heading up Learning@Cisco.



In true James Bond fashion, there were several daring and adventure-themed activities - everything from rock climbing, laser tag, and fencing at the party (there was also tattooing which I'm not sure how it fits the 007-theme, probably more for the general IT crowd). Disappointingly, I didn't see any "shaken not stirred" martinis but there were some yummy sweet cocktails.

Getting swept up in the spirit of the party, I decided to give the fencing a try and challenged one of the journalists, Liam, to a duel. As you can see, Liam's a natural and looked far more debonair than I, but I did get a few jabs in (I'm fairly sure it was only because he was being a sporting gentleman).



To top off the evening, this indie/alternative rock band from New Zealand - Evermore - performed. I'd never heard of them before but it's a band of three brothers and they've released three platinum-selling albums and won two New Zealand Music Awards. The band's music was very hip and had a fun beat.



On the last day of Networkers, intelligent Australian comedian Shaun Micallef's satirical humour entertained the audience although I'll admit that while the crowd laughed aloud more than a few times I felt like there were some private jokes everyone except me had the inside track on. Here are some clips of the jokes I actually got...

No comments:

Post a Comment