Sunday, October 25, 2009

A Kiwi Thing: Banana and Bacon Pancakes

When I was about 15 years old, my parents went to a wedding or some event and stayed over the night which meant I was responsible for my younger brother.

I took this responsibility very seriously and even took the initiative to make a proper pancake breakfast for us Sunday morning. But I accidently made pancakes for four people instead of just the two of us. And worried that my Dad was going to scold me for being wasteful with food I made my brother eat all the pancakes. To this day, my brother cringes when he has to eat pancakes.

With that background aside, you'll understand why I have this weird fascination with pointing out anything having to do about pancakes to my brother so that even after all these years he has this "I can't bear the sight of pancakes" moment. I'm so ashamed, I need help.

I did try the Banana and Bacon (which in New Zealand is actually Canadian ham) Pancakes with whipped cream and it did taste nice together.

No comments:

Post a Comment