Sunday, October 25, 2009

Sushi Making Party!

While my new Australian friends don't know this, my friends and family back in the US know that cooking is not my forte. I do know how to cook, in fact I've taken a few cooking classes and I have my "specialties" of dishes and desserts that I can make quite well when I have friends over for lunch/dinner.

Yet I'll also fess up to hosting my share of fondu and "make your own sushi" parties to camouflage the fact that cooking's not my #1 favorite thing to do. But I do love to entertain and have friends over, so what's a girl to do?!

So, I am incredibly thrilled that my new friends got in the spirit of "make your own sushi"!

Here's the "man of many talents" Captain Pat having a go at making sushi.



And here's his wife Emma making a very beautiful sushi roll.



Annette's done an excellent job making her sushi.



Taking a break in making gyoza, my Dad is teaching how to fold paper (origami) to make a Japanese crane.



A few hours into the dinner party, Papa played his shakuhachi which is a Japanese bamboo flute with 8 finger holes for everyone's entertainment.

No comments:

Post a Comment