Saturday, October 24, 2009

Cool Breezes at Manly Jazz Festival

More guests come and visit me! Clare and her sister Stella came to visit from New Zealand and on Monday, Oct. 5 we headed to the Manly Jazz Festival. I had the day off because it was Labour Day - but strangely unlike in the US when the whole country has the day off - in Australia only the states of New South Wales and the Australian Capitol Territory had Labour Day as a public holiday in celebration of workers' role in contributing towards the nation's economy.



The last night of their visit, we went to Mad Pizza in Darlinghurst and there was only street parking. It's been about 3 months since I got the car and I've been managing to either park in a garage or find very wide spaces on the street to pull into. My luck ran out and my only option was to parallel park.

Now, the disclaimer is that in the US when the steering wheel was on the left-hand side, I was an excellent parallel parker. From experience i can confirm that by simply having the steering wheel on the right-hand side makes a huge difference in your perspective and your feel for distance from the curb and when to start turning the wheel to fit into a parking spot.

Although I don't want to jinx myself, I did successfully park parallel in my first attempt.

No comments:

Post a Comment