Monday, April 26, 2010

Happy Feet, Happy Penguins!

One of my fondest memories of my nephew Kai is when we were in the Turks & Caicos and as we walked around the resort, Kai would run ahead and do his Happy Feet!

Just like the animation movie with the penguins!



So, as I went on this nocturnal tour on Kangaroo Island, I was particularly keen to see the little penguin as they marched up the beach. You'll hear in the video that I even tried to get the little penguins to do their "happy feet" for Kai.



These little penguins are known as fairy penguins and they are the world's smallest penguin (14") and live in southern Australia and New Zealand. The little penguins spend all day out at sea fishing and return to the beach every evening. You'll see in the Flip Video that we use a red light to see the little penguins so we don't hurt their eyes.

On the way to see the little penguins we took a side trip to check out the kangaroos at night as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment