Saturday, September 12, 2009

It’s True – There is a Strong Drinking Culture Down Under

It’s been about 5 months here in Australia and I’d have to say I’ve drunk more in these 5 months than I have in all my four years of college (keep in mind that I attended a Women’s College so this was not a very high bar to reach, but still!).

Note: There are very strict "drunk and drive" rules here in Australia, so I always take a cab home.

Before I came Down Under, I’d heard about how it was more “relationship based” journalism (and that is indeed true) and it’d been hinted at that this involved drinking … which I’m fine with, but boy can these Australians drink! And my goal is not to keep up (I simply can't), but to enjoy the company (and the great Australian and New Zealand wine that I'm becoming very fond of).

And as I discovered, the same goes for New Zealanders too! At The Racket Pub, I had the “Master Chef” of all bar tenders make me two AMAZING DRINKS!



Here’s Del giving an explanation of these tasty concoctions!

No comments:

Post a Comment