Sunday, February 14, 2010

Once in a lifetime New Year's Eve 2011

This coming New Year's Eve 2011 will be my first in Sydney, Australia since this past one I went back to New York to spend it with my family. And because I'll be turning 40, it's also a New Year's Eve that I'm not particularly looking forward to... so I decided to turn things around and make it into an event that for the next 11 months I will eagerly anticipate!

Tonight I put a deposit on this 34 meter Seawind 1000 Woorabinda Sailing Catamaran for New Year's Eve 2011. As you'll hear in this Flip Video, I checked it out and I'm very excited about this fantastic catamaran that'll be a wonderful way to celebrate with up to 20 of my closest family and friends the uninterrupted views of Sydney Harbour and the magnificent fireworks at midnight!

It has a fully equipped kitchen (electric fridge, freezer), gas BBQ (captain will also help BBQ), toilet and private shower with hot and cold water, CD, radio (so we can listen to the coordinated music and fireworks) and MP3 player so I can play my favorite iPod songs, a great table/seating area, room up in front to lay-out and a platform we can use to jump into the water and swim. It'll be chartered from 6:30 p.m. on Dec. 31 to 1 a.m. on Jan 1 from Rose Bay and we can bring our own food and drinks.

Michelle - I just saw your email that you're coming to visit this Christmas-New Year's! I'm so excited! Ana and Scott, will you be able to join us? You'll remember that we once took a booze cruise on a catamaran very similar to this one when we were all in Club Med Cancun - I'll bring the tequilla shots!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,
    Came across your video on the web of our Seawind boat. Have put a link on the New Years/ seawind pages of the site. I love the video. If you have any objections let me know and i will take it off!
    It really might help for people to see the layout. If you come to Sydney, We'll give you $100 off your next Seawind charter. ( Just print this off as proof in case I'm not there)

    Have a fantastic Xmas and New Year
    Amanda Townsend
    Marketing Manager,
    Sydney Harbour Escapes
    amanda@sydneyharbourescapes.com.au

    ReplyDelete