Monday, February 1, 2010

Three Generations of "Masa's"

In commemoration of three generations of "Masa's" I booked reservations at Masa Restaurant and treated my family to an AMAZING gourmet Japanese and sushi restaurant that's reputed to be one of New York's Top 50 restaurants. It's located in NYC's Time Warner Center and its chef is Chef Masa Takayama.

It's a very small restaurant (26 total seats, one seating only) and is equally about the dining experience (we must have had 4 people attending to us at dinner, they changed our soy sauce after every few sushi servings) as it is about the food which is exquisite (truffles, blow fish, kobe beef).

I'm third generation "Masa" and by that I mean:

1. My Grandmother's name is "Masa"
2. My Father's name is "Morimasa"
3. And my middle name is "Masako"

Other than the chef another famous "Masako" is Crown Princess Masako who is married to Crown Prince Naruhito of Japan.

No comments:

Post a Comment