Sunday, March 14, 2010

Art Museum of New South Wales

After wandering around the Royal Botanic Gardens, I headed out in search of either a bus or train to go home and take a shower. I walked right past the Art Gallery of New South Wales and again thought to myself, "Another place I've been meaning to visit". I thought I'd just go in and see what special exhibits were on display and pick up a brochure and come back at another time but when I realised admission was free I thought, "what the heck, I'll take a quick peak".

It's a small museum to I was able to very quickly cruise around and see the standing exhibits which to my pleasant surprise included one Claude Monet painting called Port-Goulphar, Belle-Ille that I hadn't seen before. There was also one Camille Pisaro and one Paul Gaugin.

I picked up a brochure that said the museum has these Wednesday night special events with exhibition talks, celebrity talks and music in the art bar so I'll definitely go back to check it out again!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Linda,
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Sounds like you might have missed out on Wilderness upstairs, and Yiribana on lower level 2.
    Hope you can make it back again soon and explore some more of the Gallery.
    Cheers, Molly
    (Art Gallery of New South Wales)

    ReplyDelete