Saturday, March 27, 2010

How Many "S's" Can I Squeeze In: Sunny Surry Hills, Sunset, Sydney Symphony

Friends have asked, "So how are you enjoying Sydney". I'm absolutely LOVING it!

And yesterday was a perfect example ...

* A working lunch on the outdoor patio at my new favorite restaurant Winery by Gazebo just a few blocks away from my place. The weather was brilliant, the food amazing and of course the rose wine :)



* Later that evening I met my new mentee (she just joined the Cisco CorpCom APAC team to handle internal communications and I'm her career mentor) for drinks at the Sydney Opera Bar. It's impossible to get tired of enjoying the sunset and the iconic views of the Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.

* Then another enjoyable performance by the Sydney Symphony Chamber Orchestra of Tchaikovsky's Pathetique. As many will remember, I played violin from 4th grade up until 8th grade. My best friend Ana was in the orchestra too and she played the bass. Which is why I was surprised to notice that the bass players in the orchestra were sitting in chairs! Since when did they start sitting! As far as I can recall, Ana stood and played her bass! Take a look at the FlipVideo and when I zoom in you can see their chairs. I will admit that the pieces they played are very long...maybe that's why they need to sit because they get tired of standing and holding up their basses (is this correct plural form of "bass"?).

No comments:

Post a Comment