Sunday, March 14, 2010

Bats in the Botanic Garden - Watch out Bat-fans!

Once I passed the pretty rose garden and headed towards the Palm Grove Restaurant, I headed down what I will forever after call Batman's Forest!

The first thing I heard was this loud screeching and upon looking up in the trees it was quickly apparent the source of the noise. It was a tree full of bats. i immediately thought of my nephew Kai who's a big fan of Batman.

But as I continued along this path, there was tree, after tree, after tree FULL of BATS! Thus my proclaiming this "Batman's Forest".

It was not quite "lions, and tigers and bears ... oh my" scary, because it was so light and bright out but that's actually what made this all very creepy. I usually associate bats with dark caves but here they all were hanging from all of these trees in the middle of the day! And they were literally everywhere, which got me to thinking that if they were out in the day there was nothing preventing them from flying around or dropping from the trees in one fell swoop!

So I very quickly made my way out of this bat lair.

2 comments:

  1. Kai watched it and loved it. When you said "no Superman" all he heard was Superman and kept asking me where's Superman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Next time I'll make sure to enunciate more clearly :)

    Kai - Did you see all those bats! Way too many bats for me, I kept wondering why they weren't in the bat cave!

    ReplyDelete