Monday, September 6, 2010

Friday the 13th - Ghost Tour!

What better way to celebrate Friday the 13th (August) than to go on a Ghost Tour of Sydney's Historic Rocks District where the convicts that the UK was trying to "rehabilitate" landed back in the 1780s.

It was a great tour where everyone in the tour group (about 25-30 people) had a role. I was "bubonic plague" and wore a rubber mouse that squeaked when I squeezed it around my neck - it was my bubonic plague necklace :) The ghost story here was that many lives were taken due to bubonic plague and they separated those with the disease behind steel gates and away from everyone else. The gates literally separated The Rocks right in half.

I was much happier wearing my necklace than the sock that Helen wore around her neck to represent the "Sydney Rock Gang" that would take their socks off, fill it with rocks (that's why this historic district is called "The Rocks") and use it to bash people's heads in.

It was Lisa, however, who got her own spotlight as she was "the Girl with No Legs". You'll hear the tour guide tell this ghost story:

No comments:

Post a Comment