Monday, September 6, 2010

Moto - Check out Izakaya Den

An "Izakaya" restaurant is a type of restaurant that is primarily a Japanese sake bar but it also serves the type of food that typically goes with sake. My cousin Moto has an izakaya-type restaurant in New York and it's called "Izakaya Ten". If you're ever in New York you should check it out - it's in Chelsea at 207 10th Ave. at 23rd St.

I was in Melbourne on business and on Aug. 25 on the recommendation of my hotel concierge, I went to check out "Izakaya Den" (I assume it's called a "den" because it's located in the basement) and I LOVED it. It had great ambiance, a great selection of sake and really tasty dishes.

It's tricky to find as it's down this non-descript stairwell next to a cafe on Little Collins/Russell Streets and when you peak down the stairs you see a clothing shop which leads you to believe it couldn't possibly be down there, but if you persevere you'll find this great izakaya:

No comments:

Post a Comment