Monday, September 6, 2010

Sydney Aroma Festival

It's a festival dedicated to coffee, tea and chocolate - pretty incredible! And only here in Sydney (July 25)!

There's an interesting piece of coffee cup art in this Flip Video as well as a sneak peak for my nephew Kai and niece Kalea of some New Zealand (Kiwi) treats.



Later this evening after the Aroma Festival I went to my friend Matt's house where we watched the finale of Masterchef Australia while we enjoyed yummy appetizers (called "mains" here in Oz), paella and chocolate fondue (using my copper fondue which I brought over from the US).



Of interesting note, a few weeks later I had a fondue party for my friends Lisa and Nadia - started with a cheese fondue, meat/seafood fondue and then a chocolate fondue. Rather than wash the one fondue pot all night, I tried to purchase another all-purpose copper fondue pot but after calling around to all of the major department stores and a few specialty cooking stores - only one sold a ceramic fondue pot which is better suited for a chocolate fondue. Bottom-line: Looked far and wide and a solid copper fondue pot was not to be found - I think Aussie's much prefer to BBQ than to fondue.

No comments:

Post a Comment