Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Sociable Birds at the NSW Art Museum

There seems to be a common theme of "things that fly" in my outings with Lisa (check out my last blog when we helped an injured bat).

While having afternoon tea at the New South Wales Art Museum these "Australian Parrots" came to visit. And they were very friendly and the most colorful birds you've ever seen - emerald green, lemon yellow, orange, lime green and Monet blue.

If I've identified them correctly (Ana and Scott will double check me I'm sure) I believe they are Rainbow Lorikeets. And they are arboreal, which means they like trees, and can be very noisy, active, gregarious (sociable) and as you'll see in this FlipVideo they like the company of other birds.

1 comment:

  1. They are lorikeets. Great birds - friendly and very cheeky!

    ReplyDelete