Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Sydney Harbour Bridge 9K Run

In the beginning of July, my friend Angela and I made a "fitness resolution" to find a personal trainer to help us loose weight, get fit and eat healthier. We found this great trainer named John Donaghey who we work out with two mornings a week (yes can you actually believe I get up at 6 a.m. for a 7 a.m. training session), has helped us build a nutrition plan and on top of this we also take a boxing class at Mcmahon's Point which offers this amazing view of the bridge.

We also said we wanted to train to run the 9K Sydney Harbour Bridge Race (that's 5.6 miles). And that's exactly what we did this past Sunday.

I did it in 1:03 (which means a 11:25 mile which isn't so great, but certainly gives me room to improve next year) and Angela beat me by at least 10 minutes. Amazingly after the race I felt really good - so I definitely think the training's helped!

What I enjoyed about the race was the run across the Sydney Harbour Bridge (it's longer running across it than it is commuting across it each day) and the scenic route it took us through the Royal Botanical Garden and Sydney's CBD.

Check out this FlipVideo:



After our race, we went to breakfast in The Rocks and my friends Matt and Thomas joined us. Earlier that morning, Thomas completed the half-marathon! Here's his take on it:

No comments:

Post a Comment